SMP for Scars
Hair Transplant Scarring (FUT/FUE)
COMMON HAIR TRANSPLANT PROCEDURES
FUE HAIR TRANSPLANT
This procedure uses hair follicles extracted from the back and sides of the scalp (the donor areas). Your surgeon will remove each hair follicle graft individually with a micro-punch tool. Each extraction leaves a tiny round scar, up to 1 millimeter in diameter. and these can become challenging to hide if hair continues to be lost.
FUT HAIR TRANSPLANT
This procedure requires the surgical removal of a strip of scalp that contains hair from the donor area. This is typically located on the back of the scalp.
HOW CAN SMP HELP CONCEAL SCARS?
Scalp Micropigmentation is the world’s most widely used solution for concealment of hair transplant scars. The process introduces pigment into the scar and surrounding tissue to blend away the scar and make it a lot less noticeable. Depending on the nature of your FUT (strip) or FUE (dot) scarring, we are often able to camouflage scar tissue by as much as 90%.
WHY CONCEALING THE SCAR ON YOUR SCALP WITH SMP AT AMERICA SCALP?
- We got trained from world-renowned SMP academies in the UK and in the US to learn advanced scar tattoo techniques on how to cover scars on the scalp.
- The pigments we use are organic and black carbon-based and are specifically made for scalp. They slightly fade after several years without any discoloration.
- Our technicians are skilled enough to choose the right shades of color, needle depth, needle size, dot density to conceal a scar effectively.
- We have a solid knowledge of the skin anatomy which is necessary to accomplish an effective scar camouflage.
- It combines well with a hair transplant to offer additional density